General Health Warning
WARNING: PLEASE READ BEFORE PLAYING
Photosensitivity / epileptic seizures:
A very small percentage of individuals may experience epileptic seizures when exposed to certain light patterns or flashing lights. Exposure to certain patterns or backgrounds on a computer screen, or while playing video games, may induce an epileptic seizure in these individuals. Certain conditions may induce previously undetected epileptic symptoms even in persons who have no history of prior seizures or epilepsy. If you, or anyone in your family, have an epileptic condition, consult your physician prior to playing. If you experience any of the following symptoms while playing a video or computer game - dizziness, altered vision, eye or muscle twitches, loss of awareness, disorientation, any involuntary movement, or convulsions - IMMEDIATELY discontinue use and consult your physician before resuming play.
Tips for use of video games to reduce epileptic seizures and other health concerns:
- Consult your doctor before playing if you have serious medical conditions, if you are pregnant or elderly, or if you have an implanted medical device
- Avoid playing when you are sick, tired, and/or under the influence of medicine or drugs
- Keep your eyes as far away as possible from the screen
- Do not use earphones at a high volume as hearing loss may occur
- Play in a comfortable posture to avoid numbness, stiffness or other discomfort
- Take regular breaks during play sessions. The length and frequency of necessary breaks may vary from one person to another
- Stop playing if you are experiencing any discomfort
Specific Supplement For Vr
To play Ubisoft VR content, you need a specific compatible headset and/or hardware as may be required (see each game info for details)
Tips to make the most of your VR experience. Read the following information before use of Ubisoft VR product, failure to do so may cause injury or damage to you and your belongings:
1/Before playing a VR game:
- Make sure you have plenty of space around you and above you to play
- Remove any obstacles, including without limitation, other people, pets or furniture
- Do no play near stairs, windows or heat sources
- Be aware of cable and connections around you and avoid tripping over them or pulling them while playing, to avoid causing injury or damage
- Beware of controllers, hold them firmly while you play and always use the appropriate straps. Hitting someone or something with controllers may cause injury or damage. So does releasing the controllers while playing
- Keep sound volumes at a low level to ensure you can be aware of your surroundings while playing
- If you have experienced epileptic symptoms in the past, you should speak to your doctor before playing VR.
- VR content can be immersive and appear very life-like, which may cause your brain or body to react accordingly. Stop using the Ubisoft VR game if you experience motion sickness, impaired sense of balance, and/or impaired hand-eye coordination. Until fully recovered, do not take part in any activity that may have serious consequences, in particular driving or operating machinery.
- Certain types of content particularly, such as violent, scary or adrenaline-based content, might trigger increased blood pressure, increased heart rate, panic attacks, fainting or other negative effects. Immediately stop playing if you start to experience those effects.
- Remember that simulated objects appearing in your Ubisoft VR game do not exist in real life, hence injuries may occur when interacting with those simulated objects as if they were real (e.g. attempting to sit on virtual chair).
- It is best to stay seated.
- Do not trespass on others’ property
- It is recommended to take breaks from gameplay every 10 to 15 minutes
In addition, read any health and safety warnings in the specific VR hardware/headset manual.
Please review the information carefully before playing your Ubisoft VR game.