HOW DOES UBISOFT USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
At Ubisoft, we create fun and original games that you can play on your own or with your friends. For your maximum enjoyment and to guarantee the best gameplay experience possible, we need to register certain information about you; this information is called personal data.
Because you are a minor, we cannot register your personal information without your parents’ consent. So feel free to talk to them before you create your account. An account and parental consent is not necessary if you play our mobile games, however you will not have access to all the game features.
Read on to learn more about personal data, what we do with yours and all about your rights.
WHAT IS PERSONAL DATA?
Personal data is information about you such as your name, age, email address or the things you do in a game (e.g.: scores, levels completed, etc.).
WHY DOES UBISOFT REGISTER YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We register your personal data so you can do the following:
· Create a Ubisoft account to access your games and create your profile (e.g.: email address, date of birth, username, avatar, etc.).
· Connect to your account via social media (e.g.: Facebook, Twitch) to find your friends and play with them.
· Purchase games or items from our store (e.g.: your parents’ bank card number, etc.).
· Play games on your computer, game console or your mobile phone so you can enjoy the best user experience possible (e.g.: save your progress, hunt for bugs, etc.)
· Chat with your friends on the forum or in the chat room of your favourite game.
· Take part in a contest or a survey that we are organising (e.g.: name, email and mailing addresses, etc.).
· Contact our Customer Support.
However, to do all this you must abide by the rules! If you cheat or if you do not respect the other players, we can use your data to restrict your access to the games.
HOW LONG DOES UBISOFT KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We do not keep your information eternally. When your information is no longer necessary, we delete it. For instance, if you decide to close your Ubisoft account, we delete your username, age and email address.
WITH WHOM DOES UBISOFT SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We may share your data with other companies so they can help us to provide you with our games or give you access to specific features (e.g.: purchase and receive delivery of products) and, with your parents’ consent, send you advertisements you might like.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS OVER YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
· You can request a copy of your personal data.
To do so, click here, go to the “Privacy and Communication” page of your account, and then request a copy from the “Download your information” section.
· You can ask us to close your account and delete your data.
To do so, click here, go to the “Account information” page, and then scroll down to the “Close your Ubisoft account” section.
· You do not have a Ubisoft account or you would like to ask us a question?
You can contact Ubisoft Support and we will reply to you as quickly as possible!
Follow the link if you would like to learn more about how Ubisoft uses your personal data: https://legal.ubi.com/privacypolicy/.